Trip down memory lane organised for members of former Fenland school
STUDENTS and teachers of a former Fenland school are being urged to take an enjoyable trip down memory lane at a reunion on Saturday night.
Vernon Harley has organised the get-together for Hereward School’s Year of ‘77 at the United Services Club in March. He will be DJing alongside his daughter Kelly and 70s classics will be the main sounds of the night.
Mr Harley said: “We’re all now in the process of turning 50 this year so it would be brilliant to see everyone again. Everyone from the Hereward and Neale-Wade 1972-77 years are welcome, even the prefects!
“All you need to bring with you are your memories and hopefully it’ll be a cracking night.”
Mr Harley, who is known as Vern, said he was looking forward to seeing any of the school’s old teachers and that partners are welcome to attend if they wish.
The evening starts at 7pm.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road