Truck driver reversed down a Fenland road, backed up to a culvert parapet and then shed a load of tyres into a drainage ditch
- Credit: Archant
A woman described the moment a truck driver reversed down a Fenland road and dump a mini tyre mountain into a drainage ditch.
These photos show the aftermath of the dumping – and photographs are being widely distributed to help find the culprit.
The driver backed his truck down Barkers Lane, March, up to the culvert parapet “and then dumped them in the drainage ditch”.
In a tongue in cheek post to a Facebook forum she added: “To the person who had all their tyres stolen over the weekend it’s your lucky day. We’ve found them!
“Now you know where they are can you come and collect them? As soon as possible please”.
Middle Level Commissions, Fenland Council and Anglian Water have been told about the dumped tyres.
“They will have to fight it out to decide whose responsibility it is to remove them,” she said.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
The photos have also been sent to the environmental health team at Fenland Council.
•If you know the identity of the person who dumped the tyres please call me in confidence on 01354 661915.