Try your hand at creative writing with workshops in libraries at March and Littleport by current and former Fenland Poet Laureates
- Credit: Archant
Crack out your creative writing skills with workshops taking place at libraries in March and Littleport.
The Fen Speak Poetry Collective is hosting a series of fun and informative creative writing workshops in Cambridgeshire’s libraries this summer.
There are specific sessions for adults and sessions for young people in libraries at March and Littleport, and all of the workshops are suitable all abilities, from beginners through to experienced writers, as well as those who want to try creative writing for the first time.
Each session will be led by a team of professional local writers made up of Elaine Ewart, Leanne Moden and either Poppy Kleiser or Fenland Poet Laureate Jonathan Totman.
Using a series of writing exercises and group activities, the workshops will explore the themes of memory, remembrance and local history.
There will be opportunities for participants to expand their writing skills, have fun, explore new writing techniques and get inspiration for stories and poems.
Creative writing for adults at Littleport Library is on Saturday September 12 from 11 to 3.30. Cost is £1.50 per person.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Creative writing for adults at March Library on Thursday September 10 from 7pm – 9pm., on Thursday September 24 from 7pm – 9pm and on Thursday October 1 from 7pm – 9pm. All free.
To book your place on any of these workshops, please contact Leanne Moden by email Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Alive in Libraries Creative Workshops are funded by Arts Council England, and the project is supported by the Creative People and Places and Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire (ADeC).