Try your hand at table tennis in Wisbech - home to a new setting for Fenland’s players
- Credit: Archant
A table tennis group that this year celebrates 65 years since it began has set up in a new location.
The Wisbech and District Table Tennis League has set up home at Pinnacle House in Wisbech, at the back of the new setting for the town’s boxing club.
Peter Munch has launched the group at the new location in time for the September to April season.
The league has 10 teams from across the district and at the new setting there are currently three tables which will be increased to six.
Mr Munch said: “The league starts on September 8 and all new members are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope at some point in the future we can offer coaching.”
League night is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7.30-10.30pm.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
On Thursday it is Knock Night when anyone who is interested in joining can come along and have a go. It is also the night for children to play from 7-10pm.
Cost is £1 for juniors and £2 for seniors.
Membership is £10 a year for adults and £5 a year for children.