Turf cutting as Roddons begins work on 30 homes in Waterlees, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
RODDONS Housing Association has started work on 30 new homes in Wisbech.
The homes, in Acacia Avenue, Wisbech, are being built by building contractors Mansell, a Balfour Beatty brand.
Chairman Brenda Reynolds marked the start of building work on Tuesday by turning the first mound of soil with managing director Jenny Hodson and Dean Burgess, managing director of Balfour Beatty’s East Anglia business.
Mrs Hodson said: “When Roddons formed in 2007, we promised to invest in new homes. The new homes on Acacia Avenue are part of our commitment to building new and affordable homes in Fenland.”
The site was previously a hot spot for anti social behaviour and fly-tipping.
You may also want to watch:
The homes are among nearly 300 planned by Roddons within the next two-and-a-half years.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages