Turn unwanted Christmas presents into help for a Fenland dog rescue
- Credit: Archant
As Christmas approaches we would like to remind people to save their unwanted gifts and put them to fantastic use locally by donating them to the Ravenswood Pet Rescue fund raising shop.
Our shop celebrates its first birthday soon and in the last 12 months has proved really popular selling a huge range of donated, nearly new and vintage goodies to raise money for the dogs in our care.
In particular, it helps pay for the vet bills.
We are a self funded rescue that has been operating in the Wisbech and March area since 2008.
We mostly take in day eight dogs. These are dogs which are taken into council pounds for just one week and then put to sleep on the eighth day.
You may also want to watch:
We believe these animals deserve to find new homes and over the years have teamed up hundreds of happy families with loving dogs.
The dogs either live with foster carers or in kennels until they are waved off to stay in their forever homes.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
If you have any unwanted gifts then please drop them into the shop at Lynn Road, Walton Highway, Wisbech within the Bambers and Pondworld Retail Park or drop to 17 Estover Road in March.
If you are interested in helping at the shop or becoming a foster carer then visit our Facebook page or website for contact details
CAROLINE TRIGG AND SHELLEY RIDGEON
Ravenswood Pet Rescue