Turntable ladders and fire crews wearing breathing apparatus deployed to 999 call at Wisbech market place flat
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews deployed a turntable ladder and some wore breathing apparatus as they inspected a suspected electrical fire in Wisbech.
The fire service was called on Sunday after being alerted to the incident above the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society.
Two crews from Wisbech and a crew from Stanground were called to the building fire in Market Place, Wisbech.
A fire service spokesman said: “Smoke was issuing from two commercial buildings and from the roof of the roof of the four-storey building.
“Fire fighters forced entry through the ground floor wearing breathing apparatus and searched every floor. Ladders and specialist equipment was also used on the outside of the property.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that a fire was discovered in the wooden fascia between the two buildings, resulting in smoke seeping through into both properties.
“The fire service used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the buildings.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Crews returned to their stations by 4.40pm,” he said.
The cause of the fire was accidental, by electrical.