Turves truck driver shows off “immaculate” Savage Haulage truck at prestigious Newark Truckfest
- Credit: Archant
He may not technically own it ... but Turves truck driver Paul Chapman describes it as his “pride and joy”.
Mr Chapman, who works for Savage Haulage, always goes the extra mile to keep his employer’s Daf XF truck in immaculate condition.
And he has started taking it to some of the biggest truck shows in the country.
The lorry driver of 31 years has twice shown off the truck at Peterborough Truckfest and last weekend took it along to Newark Truckfest, where 700 lorries were on display.
He exhibited lorries at the beginning of his career but had a long break from doing shows before being encouraged by family and friends, impressed by the pristine condition he keeps the truck in, to start up again.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I used to do shows but stopped. Some family and friends started to say the truck’s immaculate and my lad persuaded me to start doing shows again. I really enjoy the meetings because you make new friends.
“The truck belongs to the company but it’s my pride and joy. I treat it like its my own. You can spend all day cleaning it. Every chance I get I give it a clean or polish. The more time you spend on the truck the better it will look.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens