TV auctioneer David Palmer - known for his Flog It, Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Attic shows- to appear at Upwell
- Credit: Archant
A well known television auctioneer will be making a guest appearance at a special event in Upwell on April 17.
Experienced freelance auctioneer David Palmer will be discussing his auction tales during an evening at Upwell Village Hall.
Palmer began auctioning in 1982 and has over 30 years of experience in the auctioning industry.
During his career, he has sold a variety of auctions, ranging from fields to market squares.
He has worked as a freelance for the past decade and is renowned for wearing his colourful and unique waistcoats.
You may also want to watch:
He has featured in BBC shows such as Flog it, Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Attic, as well as travelling 40,000 miles a year to attend various auctions.
More recently, he has been a member of Batemans Auctioneer and valuer of Stamford for 10 years. He regularly holds talks on personal experiences and what life is like as an auctioneer.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
Palmer has visited Cambridgeshire in recent times, first appearing at The Maltings in Ely in 2013 before speaking at a special event in Emneth earlier this year.
Tickets cost £5 each and are available from the village butchers, Brian Tweed and John Spikings. For further information, call 01945 772354.