Twins are all set for pet project
FENLAND twins, Hayley and Nigel Bedford, have always enjoyed looking after and pampering other people s pets. And now they have opened their own luxury boarding kennels and grooming service, as part of a joint venture. Acorn Lodge Luxury Boarding Kennels
FENLAND twins, Hayley and Nigel Bedford, have always enjoyed looking after and pampering other people's pets.
And now they have opened their own luxury boarding kennels and grooming service, as part of a joint venture.
Acorn Lodge Luxury Boarding Kennels and Cattery and Muddy Paws Dog Grooming is set in two acres of land in Thorney Road, Eye, and aims to make all pets, who are away from home, feel at home.
Hayley said: "It has been hard work getting it the way we want it, but we already have a few bookings and it's all very exciting for us."
You may also want to watch:
She set up her own dog grooming business 'Muddy Paws' in Coates, three years ago and has moved to be based at the new site in Eye.
For seven years, Nigel, worked his way up to manager at nearby kennels, and will run the boarding kennels and cattery side of the venture.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Their father, Fenland businessman Norman Bedford and his wife Joy, are also involved, and together they will be running it as a family business. The twin's will also be living on site.
The kennels and cattery are all purpose-built luxury boarding suites with full central heating. Dogs staying at the kennels will also get daily exercise runs in the paddock.
Hayley said: "I will still offer the same service for the grooming as before, and I can still pick up customers dogs and drop them back home.
"We offer a short and long term stay at the kennel and cattery, and we can bath and groom pets on their last day so they are fresh and ready to go back home."
Opening hours are Monday-Saturday 9am-1pm, 2-5pm and Sunday 9am-1pm.
CONTACT: Muddy Paws grooming on 01733 222022, or Boarding Kennel and Cattery 01733 221112.