Twins Alex and Georgie entertain at Wisbech Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
Two former pupils of Wisbech Grammar School entertained with a recital in trumpet and trombone.
Twins Alex Norman (trumpet)and Georgie Norman (trombone) entertained younger pupils at the school.
Alex and Georgie joined Wisbech Grammar School in 2007, having already been studying with Mr Steward, the brass teacher, for two years. Currently, Alex is studying for a music degree at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and Georgie is following a similar course at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
Whilst they were pupils at WGS they played in various ensembles, including the Swing Band and Orchestra.
They said they were both delighted to come back to the school and perform for students, who heard a wide variety of music which showed off each performer.
You may also want to watch:
Highlights included Alex playing the first movement of Haydn’s famous trumpet concerto and Georgie playing “The Acrobat” which is full of glissandos or slides, which the trombone does to great comic effect.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review