Twits come to Wisbech school
- Credit: Archant
Book characters came to life for children at Orchards Primary in Wisbech when year three pupils had a vist from the Twits.
The visit fits in with their learning about Roald Dahl as an author as well as the centenary of his birthday.
The children were able to ask Mr and Mrs Twit lots of questions.
Thanks to the two teachers who were game and acted the parts perfectly.
Teacher Mrs Ketley said: “Year three have been learning about Roald Dahl in English this half term.
You may also want to watch:
“They were pleased to welcome Mr and Mrs Twit, characters from the Twits novel, to Orchards.
“Mr and Mrs Twit answered lots of questions put to them by the children about their tricks, habits and their relationship.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“They were very entertaining and we hope they have not taught the children too many bad habits!
“We are continuing to communicate with Mr and Mrs Twit by letter, the children are already planning to help them out with suggestions for new tricks and hoping they will receive a reply from them.”