Two arrested after five boats seized – Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Five boats and trailers have been seized by police after two men from Wisbech were arrested in connection with a fraud investigation.
Police executed warrants in the town on Wednesday (16). The incident which prompted the enquiry happened on Monday October 24 2016 in Hunstanton. The victim reported to police that he had met with a man who was interested in buying his boat.
The suspect agreed with the victim that he would renovate the boat, sell it and then split the profits. The suspect then left with the boat and trailer and did not return.
After an initial investigation, officers searched two premises in connection with the incident. They arrested two men, one aged in his late teens and one aged in his 40s, and seized the following:
Five 17ft boats + trailers; 12 outboard motors; half a bag of what is believed to be Cannabis and over £5,000 in cash
You may also want to watch:
Both men have been questioned in relation to the incident and are currently on police bail to return on Thursday January 12 2017.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told