Two arrests for shoplifting including the man caught trying to drink the vodka he was attempting to steal
- Credit: Archant
TWO men were arrested in Wisbech yesterday on suspicion of shoplifting – both involving alcohol.
A 34 year-old man was arrested and later cautioned after he was caught trying to drink a bottle of vodka at Asda in North End.
Meanwhile in the town centre a 39 year-old man from Lincoln was charged with stealing a bottle of cider from the Co-op in Horsefair.
Police also arrested a man in the town for house burglary.
“A good day and stolen property returned to victim,” a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Cambs Police added that two people have also been arrested for shed and garage burglaries in Whittlesey.
“Please remain vigilant and look after your property,” said the spokesman.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire