Two arrests for shoplifting including the man caught trying to drink the vodka he was attempting to steal
- Credit: Archant
TWO men were arrested in Wisbech yesterday on suspicion of shoplifting – both involving alcohol.
A 34 year-old man was arrested and later cautioned after he was caught trying to drink a bottle of vodka at Asda in North End.
Meanwhile in the town centre a 39 year-old man from Lincoln was charged with stealing a bottle of cider from the Co-op in Horsefair.
Police also arrested a man in the town for house burglary.
“A good day and stolen property returned to victim,” a police spokesman said.
Cambs Police added that two people have also been arrested for shed and garage burglaries in Whittlesey.
“Please remain vigilant and look after your property,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Missing woman back home
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday