Two arson attacks on wheelie bins means two shouts for March firefighters in two hours
- Credit: Archant
March fire crews were kept busy on Thursday evening with two deliberate fires in the town.
The first call was at 9.39pm to Newlands Avenue where four wheelie bins had been set alight and the fire had spread to two fences.
Firefighters used three hose reels to extinguish the blaze and they returned to the station by 10.35pm.
However, half an hour later the were called to another bin fire, this time in St John’s Chase.
Two wheelie bins were alight and firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish them.
You may also want to watch:
The crew returned to station by 11.35pm.
The cause of both fires was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire