Two boxing glove ornaments stolen from home of Chatteris boxing champion Dave ‘Boy’ Green
- Credit: Archant
Two boxing glove ornaments fixed to the front wall of Dave ‘Boy’ Green’s home in Chatteris have been stolen.
Thieves stole the ornaments, made of solid concrete and fixed to a brickwork front garden wall at the front of Mr Green’s home in Eastwood, between 9.30pm last night and 8am today.
The ornaments are red and white and feature black tie laces.
Reporting the theft on the March and Chatteris Policing Page on Facebook, PCSO Sally Mitchell said: “Anyone with any information on this crime please call police on 101 or report anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.”
Mr Green, 61, was a British and European light welterweight champion during his boxing career. Since retiring from the ring, he has built his Renoak marketing logistics company into a massive enterprise.
You may also want to watch:
In 2011, he was made an MBE for his charitable services, particularly to boxing, in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens