Two bungalow roofs catch fire following garage blaze at Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A garage fire spread to the roofs of two bungalows in Whittlesey which took eight firefighters around an hour to extinguish.
One crew from Whittlesey, a crew from Stanground, one from Peterborough volunteer fire brigade and a turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe were called to a house fire in Guildenburgh Crescent at about 4.35pm on Tuesday (5).
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two jets, a covering jet and two hose reels to extinguish the fire by 5.21pm.
A large plume of smoke could be seen from a distance away and when firefighters arrived they were met with a fire in a domestic garage which had spread to the roof space of two bungalows.
Two crews remained at the incident until 9.45pm dampening down, ventilating, removing roof tiles and cutting away.
You may also want to watch:
The British Red Cross FESS (Fire Emergency Support Service) vehicle and volunteers also attended the incident to provide support to the local community.
The cause of the fire was accidental, by electrical.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k