Two Cambridgeshire police officers to stand trial at Luton for ‘assault by beating’
- Credit: Archant
Two police officers are due to stand trial over claims they assaulted a man while on duty.
Pcs John Richardson, 50, and David Littlemore, 34, both denied assault by beating on the same victim at Luton Magistrates’ Court last week but Cambridgeshire Police has only now confirmed the allegations.
The officers were based at Thorpe Wood police station in Peterborough.
It is understood that they were on duty at the time of the alleged attack.
They are due to stand trial on July 7.
You may also want to watch:
The pair was originally charged with to a second assault charge – relating to the same alleged incident- but this was withdrawn.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k