Police give drivers a lift home after two car collision in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The drivers of two cars involved in a collision on a Fenland road last night escaped unhurt – and both were given a lift home by police.
The collision happened at Langwood Hill Drove, Chatteris, early last night and one car was left upside down in a ditch.
A police spokesman said: “Thank you to those that stopped to help and assist”.
A Police spokesman said: “Officers and PCSOs arrived at the location of a road traffic collision RTC on Langwood Hill Drove.
Both drivers were taken home by Officers and both Vehicles were recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
The collision sparked comment on the Policing Chatteris Facebook page.
One person told police: “I saw this road area about 10 minutes before this happened and without a doubt this was because of the mud caked on the road from farming. It was treacherous.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
Other collisions in the area also prompted comment.
One said: “A car was off the road along Somersham road Saturday, that’s the sixth one in the same place this year.”