Police give drivers a lift home after two car collision in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The drivers of two cars involved in a collision on a Fenland road last night escaped unhurt – and both were given a lift home by police.
The collision happened at Langwood Hill Drove, Chatteris, early last night and one car was left upside down in a ditch.
A police spokesman said: “Thank you to those that stopped to help and assist”.
A Police spokesman said: “Officers and PCSOs arrived at the location of a road traffic collision RTC on Langwood Hill Drove.
Both drivers were taken home by Officers and both Vehicles were recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
The collision sparked comment on the Policing Chatteris Facebook page.
One person told police: “I saw this road area about 10 minutes before this happened and without a doubt this was because of the mud caked on the road from farming. It was treacherous.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Other collisions in the area also prompted comment.
One said: “A car was off the road along Somersham road Saturday, that’s the sixth one in the same place this year.”