Two car dealerships under investigation by Trading Standards
- Credit: Archant
Two Fenland car maintenance workshops are being inspected by the Trading Standards.
Trading Standards Officers and Cambridgeshire Police carried out raids at the premises of Royals Ltd and Engine Doctor UK Ltd, of Woodville Business Park, March, on Monday.
A County Council spokesman said: “The County Council can confirm that it’s Trading Standards team is currently investigating the activities of two companies - Royals Ltd and Engine Doctor UK Ltd - and we would like to hear from anyone who has had any dealings with either of these two companies or any information on their operations. Contact Consumer Direct on 0845 4040506.”
Michael Roberts, who described himself as the company owner, said he felt trading standards had “acted unfairly. I remain innocent until proven guilty and I have not been accused of anything.”
He agreed two vehicles “which are nothing to do with my companies” had been removed from the site.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Trading standards have, in my opinion, acted harshly. They have taken little things and made it more.”
Mr Roberts said he was taking legal advice about the trading standards raid on his premises.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack