Two cars torched in separate incidents but both within an hour of each other and five minutes away
- Credit: Archant
TWO cars have been torched in separate incidents in Wisbech and less than five minutes from each other.
At 2.15am yesterday Wisbech fire crews were called to a car ablaze in Armada Close.
By the time they arrived the Peugeot 307 was well alight and fire fighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire.
At 3.15am the same crews were called to a car on fire in Black Bear Lane, Walsoken, a mile and a quarter away.
Fire service officials said the Mazda was on the side of the road but well alight when they got there.
You may also want to watch:
Both cars are believed to have been started deliberately, said a fire service spokesman.
They have appealed for anyone with information to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or by logging onto www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused