Two days after a motorcyclist dies near Mepal police are still struggling to track down his family
- Credit: Archant
Police are struggling to track down the family of a man who died in a motorbike collision at the weekend.
The man in his 50s was involved in a fatal collision on the A142 at Mepal at about 6am on Sunday November 30.
The incident was on Ireton’s Way, just south east of Rickwood Close. It involved a motorcycle and a blue Audi A4 car.
The rider of the motorbike, a man in his 50s, suffered serious injuries and died later the same day at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The driver of the Audi, a 54-year-old man from Chatteris, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We are not able to release details and we are still trying to track down the next of kin.
“Police are investigating the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw it happen or the motorcycle just prior.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
“Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.”