Two die and two seriously injured after two car collision in Exning Road, Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Two people died – and two others were seriously injured – in a two car collision in Newmarket last night.
Police were called at around 23.50pm (Sunday May 27) to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a blue Volkswagen Golf and a silver Renault Laguna on Exning Road.
Ambulance and fire crews were also in attendance.
A male 43-year-old passenger of the Volkswagen Golf, and a 20-year-old male driver of the Renault Laguna, both died at the scene.
Two females from the Volkswagen Golf were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this incident, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 472 of 27 May.
Magpas air ambulance doctor Adriana Cordier and paramedic Steve Chambers were called out arriving at 12:21am, via a Magpas Air Ambulance rapid response BMW.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
A Magpas spokesman said: “Our enhanced medical team assessed and treated two women (in their 20’s) who had sustained multiple injuries.
“Dr Cordier and Paramedic Chambers then accompanied the patients, by land ambulance, to Addenbrooke’s Hospital (monitoring their condition all the way).
“Both women were in a very serious but stable condition upon arrival at the hospital.
“Sadly, despite everyone’s best efforts, two patients were also pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with their family and friends at this time.”
EEAST ambulance service paramedic crews, a Hazardous Area Response Team (HART), Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance.