Play parks back in full swing following makeovers
- Credit: Fenland District Council
Children are making the most of new and improved play equipment following a £60,000 makeover of two popular play parks in Fenland.
The play areas at West End Park in March and Main Road, Parson Drove have been revamped following the investment from Fenland District Council (FDC).
In West End, the area has been extended with four new attractions – a pendulum rope swing, a ‘you and me’ adult and child swing, a jumper square and a ‘WeHopper’ rocker.
The area’s rubber surface has also been replaced and new picnic benches are being installed shortly.
In Parson Drove, equipment has been removed and replaced with a tractor play structure, a four-man seesaw, carousel, swing with shell seat and somersault bars.
Cllr Peter Murphy, the council’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “Play areas are important community assets, so it’s important that we set money aside to keep them up to date, safe, and popular with families and children of all ages.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 9 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing