Two girl guides from the Fens back from week long adventure in the Swiss Alps
- Credit: Archant
Alice Green and Leah Bavister both 17 and members of Doddington Senior Section have just returned from a Spring Adventure week in the Swiss Alps.
Alice and Leah were part of a group of 12 Senior Section members from Girlguiding Cambridgeshire who joined an Easter Fun programme at Our Chalet, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts centre in Adelboden Switzerland meeting Girlguiding members from New Zealand, the USA, Sweden and Slovakia.
The group flew from Cambridge airport to Geneva and stopped by the United Nations building on their outward journey before travelling on to Adelboden by train and bus.
During the week of adventures the group took part in Cross Country Skiing on the Engstligenalp, made dampers over a campfire lit with just one match, travelled in a gondola, made Igloos and tried snow shoeing.
Alice commented on the adventure “the trip was an absolutely amazing experience! I feel so lucky to have been able to go to one of the Guiding 4 world centres! I have experienced many different activities and made some lifetime friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Girlguiding gives girls and young women the chance to build friendships, gain life skills and make a positive difference in their community. For further information call 0800 1 69 59 01 or visit www.girlguiding.org.uk.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer