Two in city hospital following two-vehicle crash in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A collision in Peterborough has caused queues on the A15 towards the city and police are advising people “avoid the area”.
The two-vehicle crash happened this morning (May 16) on London Road, Hampton Vale in Peterborough and closed the road in both directions.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called at 7.05am to a two vehicle collision on the A15 Hampton Vale.
“Vehicles are a blue Mercedes and red Ford Kuga. The road was closed while vehicles were recovered.”
“Two people have been taken to Peterborough City Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service tweeted: “Two-vehicle RTC in Peterborough this morning, no injuries thought to be life threatening.”
Cambridgeshire police tweeted: “A15. Hampton Vale due to a traffic collision, motorists please avoid the area.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “A15 London Road, Hampton Vale, Peterborough is CLOSED in both directions between Clayburn Road and Eagle Way due to a two vehicle collision.
They followed up with: “Vehicle recovery should begin shortly. There are now queues of one mile on the A15 towards Peterborough approaching the closure.”
• More as we get it