Two in custody after crash in which car travelled wrong way along Wisbech dual carriageway
- Credit: Archant
Two men are in police custody after a head-on crash caused by a car travelling the wrong way on a dual carriageway in Wisbech.
The crash took place shortly after 11pm yesterday in Churchill Road, between the Freedom Bridge roundabout and the junction with Stermyn Street.
A police spokesman confirmed that one of the cars involved in the crash was travelling the wrong way along Churchill Road.
A 27-year-old man and a 22-year-old man, both from Wisbech, were arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Both remain in police custody.
The cars involved in the collision were a Renault Laguna and a Vauxhall Corsa.
You may also want to watch:
Four people were injured in the crash. Two people suffered suspected spinal injuries and were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, while the other people suffered minor injuries and were discharged at the scene by paramedics.
Firefighters were called to the incident and used cutting equipment to release a casualty from one of the cars. Crews had returned to the town’s fire station by 12.15am.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The road was closed for more than an hour while firefighters extracted the casualty and for the wreckages to be cleared.