Two in hospital after two-car collision between Doddington and Chatteris
TWO motorists are in hospital after a two-car collision between Doddington and Chatteris this morning.
The collision took place at about 8.50am between Primrose Hill, Doddington, and the junction with the Forty Foot Bank.
A Skoda and a Ford Focus collided - and the Skoda entered a ditch.
Firefighters were called and cut the roof from the Focus to release the trapped casualty. A rapid response vehicle, two ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance also attended.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “The two injured parties were transported to hospital via land ambulance, one to Hinchingbrooke, the other to Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
“Both have suspected spinal injuries but their conditions are not deemed life threatening.”
The road was closed for more than three hours while emergency crews attended to the injured people and cleared the wreckages.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle