Man trapped in vehicle after two lorry crash which has caused long delays on A47 near Guyhirn
- Credit: Archant
A two lorry crash which led to one of the drivers being trapped in his vehicle has blocked part of the A47 towards Peterborough this morning (May 4).
The incident happened at 7.43am on the westbound carriageway between Guyhirn and Thorney Toll, close to the A141 roundabout.
Police say that one of the drivers was initially trapped but was able to get free uninjured.
Motorists are warned to expect long delays with queues currently more than two miles in both directions.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 7.43am today (May 4) with reports of a collision on the westbound carriageway of the A47 near Guyhirn.
You may also want to watch:
“The collision involved two HGVs. One of the drivers was initially trapped, but was able to get free. He was uninjured.
“The road remains open, but the incident has caused significant congestion in the area.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital