Two men die after a car crashes into them as they walk along a street in Yaxley - driver flees the scene
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has fled the scene after his BMW collided with two men who were walking along a pathway in Yaxley.
The pedestrians died following the collision in Yaxley.
Cambridgeshire Police said the incident happened on the B1091 on Broadway.
A spokesman said: “Officers were called at 11.12am to reports of collision involving two pedestrians and a BMW.
“The air ambulance attended the scene but sadly two men have died.
“The driver, a man in his 40s, fled the scene on foot.
“The police helicopter assisted with the search but the driver is still outstanding.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
“The road is currently closed in both directions and motorists are ask to avoid the area.
“Officers are currently at the scene and we have no further details concerning the deceased at this time.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101.
The spokesman said: “Further details will be released once we have them and the next of kin have been informed.”