Two men die in fatal crash near Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Two men died and another was seriously injured in a two vehicle collision.
The driver and a passenger in a black Honda Civic died in the incident which happened in Buckworth, near Alconbury.
Cambridgeshire Police said that the black Honda and a blue Ford Escape collided on Alconbury Weston Road on Monday December 22 at 3.25pm.
Honda driver Jordan Gardner, 22, from Brookside, Alconbury, suffered serious injuries following the crash and died later at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
A passenger travelling in the Honda, 23—year-old Philip Watkin, of Rusts Lane, Alconbury, suffered fatal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A second passenger in the Honda, a 19-year-old man from St Ives, suffered serious injuries.
He remains at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The driver of the Ford, a 41-year-old man from Alconbury, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
PC Ian Gray, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.
“In particular I am keen to trace the driver of a white car who was travelling on the road shortly before the crash who may have seen the incident behind them.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Gray on 101.