Two more open days planned as Morrisons step up hunt for staff at new Wisbech store
MORRISONS plan two more recruitment days this month as they set about finding the 280 or so workers needed to staff their new Wisbech store.
Butchers and bakers are among the staff the supermarket giant is now trying to hire.
Fenland District Council and JobCentre Plus have been involved in the recruitment process with Morrison’s who open later this year on Elm High Road, Wisbech.
“Until recently the focus has been on recruitment for managerial posts but now they are beginning to look for other staff,” said a council spokesman.
“This week there was a preliminary assessment day for about 50 candidates put forward by JobCentre Plus.
“FDC officers took part in that and were very impressed by the overall quality of all those who attended: they were well turned out, polite and friendly - and, encouragingly, they were all local people.
“Forty-two of them are being put forward for interviews.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Morrison’s are holding two Open Days on Sunday August 21 and Monday August 22 for people keen to work in the new Wisbech store.
They are looking for counter and sales assistants as well as skilled butchers and bakers.
The council spokesman added: “Attendance is by appointment only, so it is very important that people phone in advance to arrange a convenient time to go along.”
Call from Monday August on 01945 675877 to make an appointment.