Two more open days planned as Morrisons step up hunt for staff at new Wisbech store
MORRISONS plan two more recruitment days this month as they set about finding the 280 or so workers needed to staff their new Wisbech store.
Butchers and bakers are among the staff the supermarket giant is now trying to hire.
Fenland District Council and JobCentre Plus have been involved in the recruitment process with Morrison’s who open later this year on Elm High Road, Wisbech.
“Until recently the focus has been on recruitment for managerial posts but now they are beginning to look for other staff,” said a council spokesman.
“This week there was a preliminary assessment day for about 50 candidates put forward by JobCentre Plus.
You may also want to watch:
“FDC officers took part in that and were very impressed by the overall quality of all those who attended: they were well turned out, polite and friendly - and, encouragingly, they were all local people.
“Forty-two of them are being put forward for interviews.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Morrison’s are holding two Open Days on Sunday August 21 and Monday August 22 for people keen to work in the new Wisbech store.
They are looking for counter and sales assistants as well as skilled butchers and bakers.
The council spokesman added: “Attendance is by appointment only, so it is very important that people phone in advance to arrange a convenient time to go along.”
Call from Monday August on 01945 675877 to make an appointment.