Two new clergy are welcomed to the Fens in a service at Doddington
- Credit: Archant
Two clergy have been welcomed to the Fens in an official service at Doddington.
Rev Ian and Lynda Brady were licensed to the churches of Christchurch, Doddington with Benwick, Manea, Welney and Wimblington.
The special event saw priests from across the deanery of March and other denominations come to gether to join the Rt Rev Stephen Conway, Bishop of Ely, assisted by the Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech, the Venerable Hugh McCurdy, in a vibrant service at St Mary, Doddington.
The service welcomed the pair to the Fens.
They were joined by their families and friends as well as people from across all the churches and the Isle of Man from where they served previously.
You may also want to watch:
The service included worship songs chosen by the priests and embraced ‘People Fully Alive in Christ’, the Bishops strategy for the future of the church in this diocese.
At the end of the service everyone enjoyed supper at Doddington village hall.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed