Two new recruits join the retained crew at March fire station
- Credit: Archant
Van driver Adrian Watson and factory worker Matthew Wilson are the latest duo to pass out as on-call firefighters in Fenland.
Keen football players Adrian, 29, and Matthew, 21, are two of seven new recruits who completed their training with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service this week.
They will join the crew at March fire station.
On-call firefighters are trained professionals who respond to emergencies in their communities alongside their day-to-day lives.
They may be at home, work or out and about when they receive a pager alert and straight away they must jump into action and get ready to deal with any incident.
You may also want to watch:
The new recruits are now on-call after completing three months of training at the service’s training centre, in Huntingdon.
On-call firefighters have to be aged 18 and over, have a good level of all-round fitness and live or work within five minutes travelling time of an on-call fire station.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service is recruiting on-call firefighters. To find out more call 01480 444500.