Two pedestrians killed in collision involving two cars on outskirts of Wisbech on Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border
- Credit: Archant
Two people died today after a collision near Wisbech on the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border on the A47.
Little information has been released about the incident which involved two pedestrians and two cars.
One tweet tonight reported that he “saw two pedestrians walking on A47 dual carriage way earlier and thought how stupid it was. Now hearing pedestrians have been struck...”
And EDP reporter Gavin Caney also tweeted that “I passed them on single carriageway pre-crash. Time and direction they were walking all adds up.”
Police, however, have yet to provide details of the fatalities and it is not yet known if both pedestrians died.
You may also want to watch:
The A47 between Wisbech and Kings Lynn has been closed since the collision which happened around 2.15pm
Early police reports described the collision as “serious” but have yet to issue further details. A control room spokesman said a few minutes ago that more information was likely to be released later tonight.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
Police remain at the scene in Terrington St John near Wisbech following the collision which happened at approximately 2:15pm.
A police spokesman said that two cars – a Kia and a BMW 116 were in collision with two pedestrians on the A47 dual carriageway near to the petrol station. The collision was on the southbound carriageway heading from Wisbech towards King’s Lynn.
“All emergency services attended the incident including the air ambulance,” said the spokesman.
The A47 remains closed southbound from the slip road at Terrington St John and across that part of the dual carriageway.