Two people die and nine injured in collision on Cambridgeshire road
TWO people have died following a crash on a Cambridgeshire road on Friday night (July 27).
Four cars were involved in the crash, which happened near Bridge Farm, Somersham Road, near St Ives, at about 8.50pm.
Nine people were also injured in the accident – two had to be freed from vehicles, one man was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon with abdominal injuries and five others were treated for minor injuries.
A spokesman for Magpas, whose doctors attended the crash, said its medics performed advanced support on a male patient, but despite their best efforts, he was pronounced dead at the roadside.
“Sadly the second person, a woman, was also declared dead at the scene,” the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Kate Scott has urged anyone who witnessed the accident to contact police on 101.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'