Two people treated for smoke inhalation after Leverington fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Leverington on Sunday.

At 10.50pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a house fire in Leafere Way after a neighbour saw smoke coming from a kitchen window and dialled 999.

A fire had broken out involving the cooker in the kitchen, which was caused accidentally by one of the inhabitants.

The home’s two occupants, a man and a woman in their 30s, were helped from the property by firefighters and given oxygen.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter