Two police officers injured in Whittlesey pub brawl
TWO police officers were injured during a brawl outside a Whittlesey pub.
A large group of people were thrown out of The George Hotel at 8pm on Saturday (March 3), when it was alleged a member of the doorstaff had been racially abused.
But the Cambridgeshire Police force control room was called after a member of the public reported three officers being assaulted outside.
“Two of the officers required hospital treatment but have since been discharged,” a police spokesman said.
Three men have been arrested for violent disorder, whereas one has been arrested for racially aggravated affray and assaulting a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
All have been bailed until March 26.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k