Two police officers taken to hospital after arresting a suspected burglar
A MAN has been charged with attempted burglary and dangerous driving, after police used a stinger device to stop a car, following an incident in Fordham early on Tuesday morning.
Carl Scarrow, 31, from St John’s Close, Mildenhall,is also charged with failing to stop, and a burglary at Fordham Garden Centre in which two charity boxes were stolen, and theft from a motor vehicle.
The police force control room had received a report of a man trying to get into a garage and house in Abbey Place at Fordham at about 12.55am.
After failing to get into the premises, the man broke into a neighbour’s car before making off.
A police officer pursued on foot for a short while before the suspect got into a car and drove away.
You may also want to watch:
He was pursued by officers in patrol cars and stopped in Burwell using a stinger.
Two police vehicles were damaged during the stop and two officers were injured while making the arrest. They received treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital for minor injuries.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache