Two readers will win tickets to see The Nutcracker at the Cresset in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Vienna Festival Ballet brings one of Tchaikovsky’s world famous classical ballets, The Nutcracker, to Cambridgeshire this autumn.
And we are giving away two pairs of tickets in a competition.
The enchanting tale of The Nutcracker is one of the best-loved ballets and centres around Clara and her nutcracker doll, which magically transforms into a princely soldier.
Their adventures see Clara and the Nutcracker doll combat the Mouse King and join the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier on a wonderful journey through a shimmering winter land scene to a Kingdom made entirely of sweets.
Returning by popular demand, following several successful performances, including Sleeping Beauty earlier this year, Vienna Festival Ballet’s The Nutcracker promises to be a delightful treat for ballet fans and interested observers alike. The performances also offer an ideal opportunity to introduce children to the art and skills of ballet.
You may also want to watch:
Notable for the continued freshness and strength of its casts, Vienna Festival Ballet has top-talented dancers including graduates from the Royal Ballet School, British, Australian and Italian soloists and guest stars from Vienna and South Africa.
The ballet comes to the Cresset, in Peterborough, on Sunday, October 5, and starts at 5pm.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
A special ‘introduction to ballet’ workshop will also be held, where attendees will learn about a day in the life of a professional dancer, see the costumes and maybe even try a lift.
Tickets are available from the Cresset box office on 01733 265705.
• Two readers will each win a pair of tickets to the show. To enter, answer this question:
Who composed The Nutcracker?
To enter, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org - make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, September 12. The winners will be the first two answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.