Two rescued by firefighters after two-car crash on A142
- Credit: Archant
Two people were rescued from their cars after a crash on the A142 near Chatteris.
Firefighters from Wisbech and Chatteris arrived at the scene, which involved two cars, with a casualty trapped in each vehicle.
The incident happened at 4.36pm yesterday (March 6).
A Cambridgeshire Fire Service spokesperson said: “We used specialist equipment to release both casualties, who were left in the care of the ambulance service, before returning to their stations by 4.57pm.”
Just over an hour later a lorry ended up in a ditch on the same stretch of road.
You may also want to watch:
Police attended and the road was closed while the recovery took place.
“There were no reports of injuries,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens