Two spanners left in formation of cross marks the spot where Fen motorcylist killed
TWO spanners left in the formation of a cross mark the spot where a motorcyclist from the Fens was killed on the A47.
Matthew Mallett, a 41-year-old engineer of Benns Lane, Terrington St Clement, had been riding a yellow Yamaha bike when he was involved in a crash with a black Ford Focus.
An inquest has opened into the death of Mr Mallett following the crash at Wendling on April 5.
Mr Mallett suffered chest, back and head injuries and died in hospital.
At yesterday’s inquest opening in Norwich assistant deputy coroner Yvonne Blake adjourned the hearing until a later date.
You may also want to watch:
The 61-year-old Focus driver was arrested in connection with the incident and has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash or who saw either vehicle before it. They can be contacted on 101.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k