Two street-drinkers arrested during patrol of Wisbech town centre as police promises “zero tolerance”
- Credit: Archant
TWO street-drinkers who have plagued Wisbech with their anti-social behaviour were arrested yesterday and are set to be deported.
The two vagrants were identified by Cambs Police and UK Border Agency officers during a joint patrol of the town centre.
The police and the UK Border Agency will continue to work together over the coming months, with more patrols scheduled.
Det Insp Dave Murphy, of Cambs Police, said: “One of the things that the Wisbech local community rightly gets upset about is anti-social behaviour issues relating to street drinking, especially when the offenders are urinating in public parks in front of children.
“Our clear message to street drinking offenders is ‘zero tolerance’.
You may also want to watch:
“Their behaviour when drunk is unacceptable and we will intervene and take firm and positive action where necessary.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens