Two taken to hospital for treatment after accidental silo fire at Fenland Leisure Products in Christchurch
- Credit: Archant
Two people were rescued by firefighters and suffered facial burns following a silo fire at Fenland Leisure Products in Christchurch.
One was taken to hospital for treatment following the accidental blaze.
Fire fighters arrived at about 8.46am on Friday (15) and were on site for around two hours.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said that the pair received facial burns and one was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.
One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to the fire on Padgetts Road.
A spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a silo well alight. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a jet. Two casualties were rescued and taken to hospital by ambulance.”
The crews returned to their stations by 11.15am.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
Cambridgeshire Fire and rescue said the cause of the fire was accidental.
Company boss Andrew Sparrow declined to comment.