Two taken to hospital for treatment after accidental silo fire at Fenland Leisure Products in Christchurch

PUBLISHED: 18:10 19 January 2016 | UPDATED: 18:10 19 January 2016

Fenland Leisure Products, Padgetts Road, Christchurch.

Fenland Leisure Products, Padgetts Road, Christchurch.

Archant

Two people were rescued by firefighters and suffered facial burns following a silo fire at Fenland Leisure Products in Christchurch.

Fenland Leisure Products, Padgetts Road, Christchurch.Fenland Leisure Products, Padgetts Road, Christchurch.

One was taken to hospital for treatment following the accidental blaze.

Fire fighters arrived at about 8.46am on Friday (15) and were on site for around two hours.

A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said that the pair received facial burns and one was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for treatment.

One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to the fire on Padgetts Road.

A spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a silo well alight. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a jet. Two casualties were rescued and taken to hospital by ambulance.”

The crews returned to their stations by 11.15am.

Cambridgeshire Fire and rescue said the cause of the fire was accidental.

Company boss Andrew Sparrow declined to comment.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times