Two vehicles and a window smashed in early morning attack on a Chatteris couple
- Credit: Archant
A van and a car were vandalised and a front room window smashed in an early morning attack on a Chatteris couple.
Window cleaner Jamie Parr, his partner Rachel and their three children were asleep at their West Park Street home when the damage was caused.
CCTV cameras at Rumbles Fish Bar opposite the couple’s home picked up the culprit at 3.04am on Saturday 22.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward to trace the man who caused hundreds of pounds worth of damage.
Ms Parr said: “The CCTV shows a man walking from Station Road down West Park Street. He walked past our house and came down the side of our property.
You may also want to watch:
“He is down there for about 40 seconds and you can hear the sound of smashing.
“He then runs out and the front window is smashed as he runs out. A black car drives past as he runs towards Station Road so there is hopefully at least one witness there.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The family heard nothing during the night but woke up to find the vandalism.
They then spent nearly three hours with the owners of Rumbles Fish Bar looking through the CCTV film to trace images to take to police.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman confirmed that they were investigating an incident.
The spokesman said: “We have had a crime reported to us and we are investigating it.
“If anyone has information we would ask them to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0888-555-111.