Two Whittlesey primary schools join together to form learning trust
- Credit: Archant
Two Fenland primary schools have joined forces to form a learning trust which will give them more control over their budgets and curriculum.
Park Lane Primary and Nursery School and New Road Primary School have formed the Whittlesea Learning Trust.
They will remain as two individual schools with their own staff, governing bodies and funding.
But they will work more closely together, pooling resources and expertise.
Margaret Leverett, headteacher of Whittlesea Learning Trust, will oversee the running of both schools.
You may also want to watch:
She was appointed as headteacher at Park Lane in September 2012 and became headteacher at both schools in January 2013.
She said: “The partnership between Park Lane and New Road is already very strong and the pupils regularly work together on projects that enhance their learning.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“The formation of the trust will bring about minimal noticeable change to parents and the local community – both schools will maintain their own identity and personalities.
“However, behind the scenes, it will allow us to make better use of our budgets and curriculum – pooling resources and identifying areas in each school that require additional support to boost levels of achievement.
The pupils will also work closely with their peers on projects which provide them with wider opportunities to enhance their learning.”
A head of school will become the day-to-day contact for parents at each school.
Wendy Seaford has become the head of school at Park Lane, with Stuart Mallott adopting that position at New Road.
They will also sit on the board of trustees made up of leaders and governors from both schools.