Two Whittlesey schools may unite to form multi-academy trust
- Credit: Archant
TWO Fenland schools are looking into becoming official partners.
Following full governing body meetings last month Park Lane Primary School and Nursery, and New Road Primary School, both in Whittlesey, will consult with their communities about forming a multi-academy trust.
The schools would remain as individual schools, with individual budgets and Ofsted inspections.
But they would be managed by one overall trust, allowing them to pool resources and expertise, have common policies and joint contracts with suppliers.
Staff and pupils started working closely together in January this year under headteacher Margaret Leverett, who serves both schools.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “By working together we can ensure that children in Whittlesey have access to the best possible school experience.
“The partnership means that both schools will be working together to drive standards, maintain high quality teaching and learning and increase the curricular opportunities available for the whole community.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
“We are now consulting with parents and members of staff at both schools about applying to become a multi-academy trust and look forward to hearing their views.
“As a multi-academy trust, both schools would have the flexibility to focus on its own areas of priority more effectively, to learn from one another and to raise standards.”
Parents are invited to attend information evenings at both schools on Thursday July 11 between 6.30-7.30pm at New Road Primary School, and 8-9pm at Park Lane Primary School and Nursery.