Two Wisbech care homes are rated highly in a national survey
- Credit: Archant
Staff at two care homes in Wisbech are celebrating after they performed strongly in a nationwide survey of care home residents.
The results show Hickathrift House Care Home was given an overall performance rating (OPR) score of 911 out of 1,000 and Rose Lodge Care Home scored 922.
This compares well to the national average of 880.
Jackalynne Shields, General Manager at Hickathrift House Care Home, said: “It’s great that our residents value the care they receive at Hickathrift House Care Home. While we’re really pleased with our scores, we are committed to continually improving our services and the survey helps us do that by giving us direct resident feedback.”
Jayne Masterson, General Manager at Rose Lodge Care Home, said: “All of our scores across the four themes are really positive, which shows that life for our residents is happy and fulfilling. We were especially pleased that residents scored the home 938 for ‘Quality of life’. Thanks to everyone who took the time to complete the survey and give us feedback.”
You may also want to watch:
Now in its fifth year, the Your Care Rating survey is the country’s largest survey of care home residents.
The nationwide survey gives residents a voice, putting their care at the heart of understanding more about how well care homes perform.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
More than 18,000 residents in 914 care homes across the UK took part.
All of this year’s results for every care home surveyed are displayed on the Your Care Rating website .
The results help families who are choosing a care home for a loved one by giving them vital information on what the residents actually think.
The survey was compiled by leading research company Ipsos MORI.