Two Wisbech take aways shot within one hour, say owners
- Credit: Archant
TWO WISBECH take-aways came under attack when the owners say a car drove by at high speed and a passenger inside shot at the premises.
No-one was injured during the alleged shootings at the Ruby Chinese take away and Best Kebab on Nene Quay late on Saturday night.
The first incident took place at around 11.30pm when a dark coloured car drove past the shops from the direction of Tescos towards the Horsefair roundabout.
A shot was fired at the Ruby as the car roared past at speed, leaving a large hole in the window.
About 40 minutes later the car sped by again and a shot was fired at the Best Kebab take-away which cracked the laminated style window.
You may also want to watch:
Best Kebab owner Jack Dennis said: “The speed of the car was so fast all you hear is the loud noise of the exhaust.
“There were staff busy with customers in the shop. It is a busy time for us.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“In one hour they shoot two shops.
“We couldn’t see who was inside the car it was too fast.”
A police spokesman said: “We were called to reports that a takeaway had been damaged in Nene Quay, Wisbech, at 11.46pm on Saturday May 11.
Officers are investigating whether an object was thrown at the shop from a passing car, or a pellet was fired from an air-pistol.
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.